Vision and Eye Health with Nicole Stimson from Eyecare Plus Nundah
Vision and Digital Devices
Most of us have been spending more time on digital devices over the last few months. Here are some tips to help you and your child’s vision:
• Go outside – spending 1.5 hours per day outdoors (not on screens) has been shown to decrease the risk of developing myopia when younger (short-sightedness).
• Limit screen time – spending more than 2 hours/day on screens has been shown to increase the risk of developing myopia.
• Take a break – try the 20/20/20 rule: every 20 minutes, look away to a distance of 20 feet for at least 20 seconds.
• Good lighting – avoid using digital devices in dim or dark light as it creates eye strain.
• Good posture – the optimal distance for any close task is no closer than a forearm’s length from the eyes.
Regular vision and eye health checks will enable us to go through these points with you based on your individual needs, and to assess whether your visual system is working as well as it can.
Eyecare Plus Nundah – Optometrist | 1190 Sandgate Road, Nundah
Ph: 3266 6444 | www.eyecareplus.com.au/nundah